The year of 2018 has been a very busy and productive time for The Chamber Orchestra of Pittsburgh, and we have made great strides in growing the organization. Our list of achievements includes:
- the performance of two world premieres and one Pittsburgh premiere during the 2018-19 season
- securing two major grants to support the 2018-19 season
- the creation and adoption of a strategic plan for 2018-2020
- the recruitment of four great new board members
- the hiring of an Executive Director
Through it all, we continue to perform great music with an ensemble of some of Pittsburgh’s finest artists. From Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante to Wagner’s Siegfried Idyll, we have been bringing chamber orchestra classics to the Greater Pittsburgh community. At the same time, 2018 includes the world premiere of works by two Pittsburgh composers, Chris Massa’s Symphonia Apologia — which earned a standing ovation at our September concert — and Nancy Galbraith’s Piano Concerto No. 3, which we will perform at our next concert.
The growth and progress has been substantial, and we could not have done it without your support since our founding in 2014. We are turning to you now as the year of 2018 winds to a close, to ask for your help as we continue this path of success.
The Chamber Orchestra of Pittsburgh is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
All donations are tax-deductible.